songs hit & album mp3 down load Our editors plumb the depths of music and showcase the best of it here every month. Take a gander at the albums that move them, the songs they can't get out of their heads and the vinyl they're wearing out, then get in on the conversation over at their music blog

10/14/08

Who Knew (Main Version)


Who Knew (Main Version)The only thing that I didn't know previously about this gem... is that it was about someone who died from an overdose.
I know that when I first heard this song it came and went. I didn't pay much attention to it at all.
But these days I like it lots. This is after I bought the platinum edition (2007). The ending is emotional. And I could see myself getting teary-eyed if I loved someone half this much.
But I'm not in a relationship. But I still like songs like this. Love-oriented ones. I always have!
And they range from different sides of mainstream music from Pop (Mandy, Robin, Christina or Jesse,) to R&B (Mariah, Carl Thomas, Beyonce and Luther Vandross) to Pop-Rock (Maroon 5, Incubus, Yellowcard and Fall Out Boy).
5 stars.
end note: I clash with many beliefs of the other review made before this one.
Who knew (pop music could be this bad)? Pink's "Who knew?" takes a simple&poignant theme-the loss of a beloved to drug addiction. There's the angry refrain of "Who knew?" Of course,this might be one of the few songs on the theme that involves fantasizing about punching another person in the mouth. There's anger as well with the "you told me forever." It's a lament for young life lost. Instead of being wrenching&moving,Pink is her usual obnoxious self. She comes across as a grrrrl with anger issues,instead of a young woman in love who's angry about her loss. She sings about punching another person in the mouth,and you want to tell her,"SHUT UP!" Pink is an overrated singer. When it comes to singing ballads about loss,even prefab punk starlet Avril Lavigne&American Idol Kelly Clarkson are better. Pink isn't soulful. She just comes across as an angry lady who needs a chill pill.