songs hit & album mp3 down load Our editors plumb the depths of music and showcase the best of it here every month. Take a gander at the albums that move them, the songs they can't get out of their heads and the vinyl they're wearing out, then get in on the conversation over at their music blog

9/13/08

Don't Think I Don't Think About It


A pleasant surprise Despite all my paternal grandmother's efforts, I'm just not into country. Over the years, I've sung along with the occasional Dixie Chicks or Daughtry song, but that's it. I'm not a Hootie fan either (though Rucker's not hard on the eyes). But I was pleasantly surprised by this song.
Way to go, Darius! From a fan from long ago...back from the days at Univ of SC where Hootie & the Blowfish played cover songs at Green Street's and frat parties, etc... way to go. Love it! I have missed hearing you. Keep it up. Go Gamecocks! ;->
Talent + I sing Country, and have had requests for "Hootie" so I listened. I thought to myself, "this guy could do well in country with some steel & fiddles". And he did. I'm especially pleased because it shows that real talent can cross genres. I congratulate him on his efforts and hope to hear more of him. Mo, Arizona