songs hit & album mp3 down load Our editors plumb the depths of music and showcase the best of it here every month. Take a gander at the albums that move them, the songs they can't get out of their heads and the vinyl they're wearing out, then get in on the conversation over at their music blog

9/15/08

Music From The Motion

"Once" the Film Unexpected, brilliant, and always something different than you'd expect. Loved this without planning to even like it, as I don't like "musicals," but in this case the word doesn't apply. It's full of music, it's about music, but it is not a musical.
Great soundtrack Often when I see a film and like the soundtrack, I'm disappointed in the CD. Not so in this case - I loved the film, and the CD brings it all back when I listen. One complaint is that the volume has to be turned *way* up in order to hear it - then when the changer switches to the next CD it's much too loud, but I can live with it.
Wonderful soundtrack album, hauntingly beautiful songs! I read about this film and the beautiful music that created the foundation of the plot. I watched the film twice and couldn't get the songs out of my head! I had to buy the soundtrack, and I have really enjoyed the songs, particularly those by Glen. Such talented songwriters, with beautiful harmonies, and so much emotion. If you like folk or singer/songwriter music, you will love this album.